Recently, last year to be exact, I heard about this holiday, which is surprising because it began in 1909. Incredibly, it is celebrated all over the world!
This past Saturday, I was blessed to see a vision that I’ve had for years come to fruition. The vision was to see women of diverse nationalities at a tea party, enjoying one another’s company. I am so thankful to be a part of a multicultural church, who believed in that vision too.
Our speaker on Saturday, Karen Harmon, www.karenharmon360.com, shared with us some poignant aspect of being a woman, especially a Christian woman. One of the pieces I’d like to highlight is a prayer that women will begin to see each other as sisters and not as threats, that we won’t be so quick to judge another woman who is not like us, and that we will celebrate one another in all of differences and uniqueness.
I’m thankful for all the diverse women God has allowed me to meet at my church, in the community, and on the blogosphere.
Happy International Women’s day to all the beautiful women, who are unafraid to chase their dreams, no matter how big they are, and in spite of the many times she was told, it can’t be done!
-Your moment is now,
Join Mailing list for exclusive content, giveaways, novel releases & more
Click the image to sign up now
I am beyond excited right now! I was nominated by two beautiful bloggers Gina’s Blog and ToksDavid for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Ladies!!!! Both of these blogs I thoroughly enjoy! They both exhibit amazing writing and post! Please go check them out!
A) Thank the person that has nominated you & include a link to their blog.
B) Nominate at least 15 blogs of your choice.
C) Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
D) Share seven different facts about yourself.
My Nominees: I’m nominating 5 for now due to time restraints.
Now here’s the hard part, sharing facts about myself, go figure.
- I have about six novels in my head that I’m yet to get on paper. I’m working on it though.
- My favorite author, and I just recently stumbled upon her is Chimamanda Adiche
- I love Star Wars
- One of my favorite T.V. Shows is Reign
- I am obsessed with making a list for everything.
- I have kept all of my dairies/journals since I was 8. Its pretty interesting reading the thoughts of eight year old me.
- My favorite color is yellow, but I like to decorate with red and I prefer wearing the colors blue and green. I guess, I’m slightly confused.
Thanks again ladies for the nomination! I truly, truly appreciate it!!!
Living in the Moment, Ebby Lane ♥
FACEBOOK : Ebby Lane